Are you looking to impress your guests with a clean and refreshing recipe? This dish is perfect for a light yet delicious summer meal.
Your choice of poultry is marinated in a special Vietnamese marinate that amasses authentic flavours from South East Asia. As a bonus you will get the recipe the popular Vietnamese dressing. The condiment in this dish blends exceptionally well together with the rice noodles and Vietnamese marinate.
– 2 boneless-skinless chicken breasts, sliced into long strips or poultry of your choice
– 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 2 tbsp lemongrass minced (can use paste as an alternative)
– 1 tbsp sugar
– 1 tbsp fish sauce
– 3 tbsp sesame oil
– 1 tbsp honey
– 250g Vermicelli noodles
– 2 carrots, grated
– 1 handful mint leaves
– 2 handfuls basil, chopped
– 2 handfuls bean sprouts
– Half a cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
– 4 tbsp peanuts, toasted and crushed
Ingredients for Vietnamese Dressing:
– 3 tbsp. warm water
– 3 tbsp. sugar
– 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
– 2 tbsp. fish sauce
– Finely chopped garlic
– Red Chilli (quantity depends on your level of spicy)
Instructions for dressing:
1. Combine garlic, chilies, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.
2. Add warm water and mix until sugar dissolves.
3. Add fish sauce in increments until you like how it tastes.
1. In a large bowl, mix the garlic, lemongrass, sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil, honey together.
2. Place meat into marinate, and leave in the fridge for 2 hours, or overnight if possible – the longer the better!
3. Place meat evenly on skewers
4. Place skewers over medium – high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, rotating until cooked through and nicely browned/charred on each side.
5. Cook your noodles – pour boiling water over the noodles in a large saucepan (off the heat) and leave to soak for 4-5 minutes until soft. Drain once cooked.
6. To serve, divide the noodles between 4 bowls. Top with the herbs (whole leaves, or shredded if you prefer), cucumber slices; pickled carrot and bean sprouts, then sit the meat on top, sprinkle on crushed peanuts.
7. Drizzle each bowl with the dressing. Enjoy!